Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Transition

My transition musically this year has been huge for me. This time last year, I was solely a bass player, with only about 1.5 songs written and no lyrics for anything. This year, I have made the turbulant but mildly sucessful transition to a guitar player. In recent months I've gone from a rookie-guitar player (Medium difficulty guitar hero tho :P) to a well...slightly beter than rookie guitar player hah. But with one show already under my belt, I feel that everytime I pick up my new guitar I get just a little bit more comfortable therefore getting a little bit better each time I play. Back when I play bass exclusively (as far as string instruments go) I got almost bored of it because it wasn't nearly as challenging as guitar. Don't get me wrong though, there's all kinds of thing I can't do on bass yet, there's just More styles and More types of guitar songs to play, I like the variety. The transition has rekindled my love for music, especially writing and creating it. Also, this group of guys I get to play this music with now have motivated me and helped in that rekindeling (did I spell that right? Oh well, screw you spellcheck) so thanks guys.

Overall, Im glad I spent almost a months worth of pay on my guitar, it was well worth it. Next on my wish list...a replacment amp for my bass......but that's another story ;)

No comments: